As some of you may know Brent and I had a little arrival a few weeks ago so 2015 has been a very incredible year for us. Last year I posted my favourite products from the past year but this time I thought I would be a little different and share not only my favourite products but also favourite bloggers as well, best brand discovery, a general round up of things so here’s my best of 2015.
Favourite products of the year
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge – review
- MAC Soft & Gentle – review
- Maybelline SuperStay 7 Day Nail Polish – Pink in the Park – review
- Tangle Teezer – A-mazing!
- Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation and Concealer
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
- Clarins HydraQuench Cream – review
- Cocoa Brown Gentle Bronze Gradual Tan – review
- LUSH Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner – review
Best Beauty Discoveries of 2015
- H&M Beauty – haul
- Esquido Faux Lashes* – review
- Decléor Micellar Oil* – review
- Babyliss Pro Conical Wand* – review
Best Non-Beauty Discovery of 2015
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 7S Camera – review
Best Moments of 2015
- Surprise – Sharing the news that Brent and I were expecting our first baby back in March was one of the best moments not only of 2015 but our lives so far. The journey was amazing and nothing like I expected and we already can’t wait for baby number 2…in a couple of years though.
- Brent proposing in August was another amazing moment. Although the wedding has been put on hold until 2018 we know we will get married eventually, we are fully occupied with George at the moment. Also I want him to be old enough to waddle down the isle.
- Launching my little business PaperChicCo a couple of months ago was a great feeling. If you follow me on Twitter you may have seen a couple of polls I tweeted about as in 2016 I plan to grow PaperChicCo and I am so excited! I will be offering pre-made and custom made Media Kits for bloggers and also turning some of my planner designs into pre-made planners which I am ordering today!! I’m so excited!! Everything will be announced on my blog and also coupon codes are always popping up every now and again on Instagram and Twitter so make sure you’re following me if you’re interested. Here’s the PaperChicCo Launch post if you fancy a read.
Favourite Bloggers of 2015
Thirteen Thoughts written by Paula was a new blog discovery this year and one I have thoroughly enjoyed reading. The photography is amazing on both her blog and Instagram page and her blogging tips posts are spot on and incredibly helpful, probably some of the best I’ve read.
Barefoot Blonde is written by the stunning Amber. I stumbled across her blog after finding her Instagram page and instantly followed when I found out she was pregnant with her second child. I followed her journey whilst I was on my own and I loved seeing all her beautiful fashion posts. The prettiest pregnant lady I have ever seen! The blog photography is just incredible and I love her Instagram page as well. She recently reached over 1 million followers and it’s so well deserved!
Life, Set Sail is a blog I have followed for a long time now but it’s this year that I have really got into Brittany’s blog. Her photography is lovely, her style of writing is brilliant and the general feel and content on her blog is right up my street. It’s the blog I always click onto first to see if there are any new posts.
Pink Peonies is written by Rach Parcell, another blog that I discovered through their amazing Instagram page. I came across a shot of Rach with her beautiful newborn Isla in her stunning nursery and followed instantly. Her fashion posts are beautifully shot and her style is lovely, exactly how I would dress if I had more confidence.
That’s Just Fabulous is definitely my favourite blog discovery of 2015. Written by Faith, she has the best blog content, the most incredible photography, seriously go check out her blog and Instagram, the photos are insane and every post is simple and perfectly written. When you click her link I bet you follow her instantly.
Beauty and the Chic’s Top Posts
- Charlotte Tilbury Makeup
- PaperChicCo Launch
- MAC Soft & Gentle
- Max Factor Color Elixir Lip Liners
- The Marble Phonecase
- My Media Kit for Beauty and the Chic
- Welcome to the World
- My Birthing Story & Our First Week
- H&M Beauty Reviews
I can’t wait to see what 2016 brings for us, 2015 will be a hard year to beat! Thank you to everyone who has supported my blog and new business adventure, it really means a lot. A special mention to Gemma who wrote an entire post about PaperChicCo, you are incredible and such an a generous human, you’ve always helped me out so much and I can’t thank you enough.
I would love to read your favourites from 2015 so leave a link to your posts in the comments below.
Happy New Year everyone! I wish everyone the best for 2016!
*Posts featuring PR samples