Beauty

Products Worth Mentioning #4

June 9, 2015

It’s been a while since I have written one of these but I’ve recently been using some new products that I am so impressed with and wanted to share them with you all. I have planned to write full reviews on a couple of the new products as well so keep your eyes peeled for them.

I am not one for fake tan, I haven’t bought any since I was about 19/20. The nights where I used to refuse to leave the house unless I had fake tanned my entire body before I went clubbing are most definitely over, but when I spotted a before and after photo by Ellie from The Elle Next Door and saw just how amazing and subtle her tan looked, I was all over it! I picked up the Cocoa Brown Gentle Bronze gradual tanner from Superdrug and I’m so happy with it. Natural healthy glow, leaves my skin feeling so soft and smells amazing with only the tiniest hint of biscuit (that’s gone by the morning usually for me) this tan is incredible and I’ve used it so much I will need a replacement soon!

I’ve been using the GlamGlow Thirsty Mud Hydrating Treatment for a while now and I adore it. I love to apply a thick layer at night so it can really sink in and work it’s magic and it does just that. My skin is left feeling soft and smooth, plump and really hydrated. I have written a full review which you can read here.

For my birthday last month I asked Brent for the Clarins HydraQuench Cream as I have wanted to try it for so long. I’ve always suffered with dry skin but after becoming pregnant, my skin has become so much drier than before.Within just a couple of days of using this, my dry skin had dramatically improved. After applying it, my skin instantly feels soft and nourished and I make a comment on how amazing it is every single time I use it.

Ever get those days where your foundation just won’t cooperate, won’t sit nicely on the skin and you just want to throw a tantrum? Yeah it was one of those moments and I decided to try the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and see if it helped. I’ve been using it to apply my Rimmel Match Perfection foundation and it provides such a beautiful finish. Blends product into the skin so well. Also used it to blend in my Rimmel Lasting Finish concealer as well and it blends it in beautifully, I’ve noticed that my under-eye makeup creases less now too, highly recommend this product. Although it’s a little frustrating washing it very other time I use it, it dries really quickly and looks good as new.

Which products have you been loving recently?

BLOG SIG

You Might Also Like

13 Comments

• Reply Amy June 9, 2015 at 6:04 pm

I love the RT sponge – it really does blend make-up flawlessly and is a lifesaver if you’re having problems with foundation clinging to dry patches. I’m really curious about Glamglow masks after hearing so much about them!

Amy | Lilac Lemon

• Claudia
      Reply Claudia June 10, 2015 at 7:43 am

Totally agree, it’s brilliant. Highly recommend GlamGlow, they are are a brilliant brand. xx

• Reply Emmys Beauty Cave June 9, 2015 at 6:26 pm

I have the RT Sponge and love it! x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

• Reply Holly June 9, 2015 at 6:51 pm

I really want to get the real techniques blending sponge, I have one from sainsburys at the moment and it’s ok but it’s a little hard and tough. I much prefer them for blending my foundation and concealer now as I feel like brushes just move the product around the face sometimes if that makes sense?!
    Love Holly x

• Claudia
      Reply Claudia June 10, 2015 at 8:43 am

This one isn’t too hard or too soft, it blends in product beautifully. I agree, some brushes do just move product around your face, so frustrating! xx

• Reply Alice June 9, 2015 at 6:56 pm

Love the sound of the Gentle Bronze, I really love the original Cocoa Brown mousse! I can’t seem to get on with the RT sponge, it just doesn’t seem to expand and become bouncy like my others! Lovely post and photos.

alice x | beautybyalicee | bloglovin’

• Claudia
      Reply Claudia June 10, 2015 at 8:44 am

I really want to try the mousse now and I fancy a more instant bronzed look. That’s such a shame, mine’s really bouncy and works so well. Thank you :) xx

• Reply Annabel June 9, 2015 at 10:58 pm

I totally agree with the Cocoa Brown, and the same goes for all their products!

Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

• Claudia
      Reply Claudia June 10, 2015 at 8:45 am

I can’t wait to try more from them, so impressed so far. xx

• Reply jas June 10, 2015 at 1:44 pm

LOVE Cocoa Brown tan! Its amazing and the packaging is so pretty and girly!
    xprincessjas | ♥

• Reply Amy June 14, 2015 at 8:56 am

Recently a few people have mentioned to me the Clarins HydraQuench range. Whilst my skin isn’t dry I do suffer from dehydration so this may well be worth a look at for me.

• Reply Cocoa Brown Gentle Bronze | Beauty and the Chic July 22, 2015 at 6:11 pm

[…] have mentioned this product in a couple of previous posts; Products Worth Mentioning #4 and my June Favourites 2015 but I wanted to write a full review post on this product as […]